US: Brown-Forman to end Jack Daniels NASCAR sponsorship
Brown-Forman is to end its Jack Daniel's NASCAR sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing's No. 07 team.
A change in Brown-Forman's spending priorities led to the decision to conclude the sponsorship that began in 2005, the company said yesterday (21 September). The partnership will, however, continue for the remainder of the 2009 racing season.
"Jack Daniel's has enjoyed a good five-year run with Richard Childress Racing (RCR) and NASCAR, and we are pleased with the overall performance of our sponsorship programme," said Tim Rutledge, vice president and brand director for Jack Daniel's. "While it is difficult for us to end our formal relationship with RCR, the current economic environment has compelled us to re-evaluate our spending and we've concluded that other areas in the marketing mix require additional investment."
Brown-Forman, Jack Daniel's, and RCR communicated a responsible drinking message throughout its NASCAR sponsorship, with the message: 'Pace Yourself, Drink Responsibly", featured in all NASCAR promotional materials, including on the race car itself.
"Being flexible with our strategic investments has been a consistent theme for us at Brown-Forman and I support the decision to move from sponsoring NASCAR to investments in other areas," said Paul Varga, CEO of Brown-Forman. "Richard Childress has been a great partner and this decision simply reflects a change in our investment mix, and not any dissatisfaction with RCR or NASCAR."
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard’s decision to leav...
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has elected the former vice chairman and CFO of Brown-Forman Corporation, Phoebe Wood, as its director....
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research