EUROPE/US: Brown-Forman to centralise Europe management operations
Europe accounted for 30% of Brown-Forman's group sales in fiscal 2013
Brown-Forman is set to consolidate its management footprint in Europe through a central head office for the region in Amsterdam.
The US-headquartered wine and spirits company said earlier today (27 September) that the move has been prompted by its “significant recent activity in the region”. Europe accounts for around 30% of Brown-Forman's total net sales annually.
The global brand team for Brown-Forman's Finlandia vodka brand will move across to the Netherlands from the corporate HQ in Kentucky. Also, Thomas Hinrichs, senior VP & MD of Brown-Forman’s Europe operations, and other members of the company’s European leadership team, are set to move to Amsterdam from Hamburg, London, Paris, Prague, and Louisville.
“We believe locating our European leadership team and key functional leaders together in Amsterdam will help this important region sustain its healthy growth rates and contribute more to Brown-Forman’s future prosperity,” said Mark McCallum, executive VP with responsibility for Europe, Africa, India, Asia Pacific, and Travel Retail.
Amsterdam was chosen for its central location and easy access to the rest of Europe and other international markets, the company said. The office will be fully operational from 1 January.
Earlier this week, Brown-Forman confirmed plans to launch a US$250m share repurchase programme.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages