US: Brown-Forman to buy back 8.3m shares
On the New York Stock Exchange, Brown-Forman's Class A shares were up $6.30, or 9.71%, at $71.20, while its Class B shares rose by $7.86, or 12.65%, to $70.00.
The Kentucky-based company said it would repurchase as many as 1.5m Class A shares and 6.8m Class B shares, with an offer price for both classes of stock wihin a range of US$63 to US$73 a share. Brown-Forman said its board of directors believed that the buyback was a "prudent use of the company's financial resources".
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends