AUS: Brown-Forman takes on Jägermeister distribution
The new deal starts in July
The new deal will start on 1 July, one day after the Suntory agreement ends, Brown-Forman said yesterday (4 April). It will cover Jägermeister as well as two new RTD extensions, Jägermeister Raw and Jägermeister Ginger & Lime, which were launched in Australia in September.
Jägermeister was relaunched in Australia 11 years ago.
“After more than a decade of great success, we now look forward to taking Jägermeister to the next level in the Australian market,” said David Bell, Mast-Jägermeister's Asia Pacific regional director.
In a separate statement, Suntory said it had brought Jägermeister from “obscurity to 100,000 plus cases” and wished the brand well.
No financial details have been disclosed.
Jägermeister's UK distributor, Celler Trends, last year launched a multi-million pound advertising push for the brand, targeting the spirits' “core customer” of 18- to 25-year-old men.
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
Suntory Holdings aims to reinforce its core business, carry out internal synergies in the Suntory Group, and develop new businesses. In order to achieve this, the company targets further cultivation o...
Suntory Holdings Ltd aims to reinforce its position by strengthening its marketing and promotional campaigns that can offer new value and new ways for consumers to enjoy alcoholic drinks, and also by ...
Wine in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile als...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research