US: Brown-Forman streamlines sales force, trims 33 Jobs
US spirits maker Brown-Forman said it will trim 33 jobs and streamline its sales operations following a decade of distributor consolidation and technological innovation. Fewer US distributors and new technology that allows distillers to track sales electronically mean Brown-Forman needs fewer sales employees, spokesman Phil Lynch said. The company's three sales units will be combined into a single point of contact for distributors, and savings will be redirected toward marketing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman