GLOBAL: Brown-Forman steps up Jack Daniel's Honey focus with brand director role
The variant launched in the US in 2011
Marshall Farrer took up the newly-created role on Friday (1 November). He was previously working in Australia on a four-year, ex-pat assignment as managing director of Brown-Forman’s Australia/New Zealand business, but will now be based at the company's HQ in Louisville, Kentucky.
Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, which launched in the US in 2011, is available in around 25 international markets. Global volumes in Brown-Forman's 2013 financial year hit 770,000 nine-litre cases, a leap of 98% year-on-year.
“As this new expression of Jack Daniel’s has extended the brand’s reach to new consumers and occasions, we must ensure we have the right resources to help Tennessee Honey achieve its full potential,” said John Hayes, senior VP, global brand director of the Jack Daniel’s franchise. “We believe Marshall Farrer is the right person to lead this brand to great global success over the long term.”
Brown-Forman is set to release its fiscal second-quarter results at the beginning of December.
First Beverage Group, a private equity and financial advisory firm, has appointed a former Brown-Forman COO as the chairman of its board. ...
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
Florida Ice & Farm Co (FIFCO) has appointed a former Brown-Forman chief marketing officer to lead its North American Breweries (NAB) unit. ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends