GLOBAL: Brown-Forman steps up Jack Daniel's Honey focus with brand director role
The variant launched in the US in 2011
Marshall Farrer took up the newly-created role on Friday (1 November). He was previously working in Australia on a four-year, ex-pat assignment as managing director of Brown-Forman’s Australia/New Zealand business, but will now be based at the company's HQ in Louisville, Kentucky.
Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, which launched in the US in 2011, is available in around 25 international markets. Global volumes in Brown-Forman's 2013 financial year hit 770,000 nine-litre cases, a leap of 98% year-on-year.
“As this new expression of Jack Daniel’s has extended the brand’s reach to new consumers and occasions, we must ensure we have the right resources to help Tennessee Honey achieve its full potential,” said John Hayes, senior VP, global brand director of the Jack Daniel’s franchise. “We believe Marshall Farrer is the right person to lead this brand to great global success over the long term.”
Brown-Forman is set to release its fiscal second-quarter results at the beginning of December.
First Beverage Group, a private equity and financial advisory firm, has appointed a former Brown-Forman COO as the chairman of its board. ...
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
Florida Ice & Farm Co (FIFCO) has appointed a former Brown-Forman chief marketing officer to lead its North American Breweries (NAB) unit. ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends