ASIA-PACIFIC: Brown-Forman splits Asia-Pacific unit in operational shake-up
Brown-Forman is splitting its Asia-Pacific unit into two
Brown-Forman is dividing its Asia-Pacific unit into two separate businesses to sharpen its focus on the key region.
Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia (ANZSEA) will be grouped as one region for the group, while the other unit will be known as North Asia (NA). The changes take effect from 1 November, the Kentucky-headquartered company announced yesterday (10 October).
Michael McShane, who has been MD of Brown Forman’s Asia-Pacific region since February 2011, will take the role of MD ANZSEA, based in Sydney. McShane has been the MD for North Asia, and separately, for the Jack Daniel's producer's Australia business.
Trevor Smith, who steps up from his current role of Asia-Pacific finance director, will head up the NA unit, based in Hong Kong.
“The Asia-Pacific region remains key to Brown-Forman’s long-term growth strategy,” said Mark McCallum, the group’s executive VP for Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, travel retail. “These changes are being made to further strengthen our organisational focus and allocation of resources against our strategic priorities in this vast region.”
The latest move follows a plan to consolidate its European management into a central head office in Amsterdam, announced last month.
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages