ASIA-PACIFIC: Brown-Forman splits Asia-Pacific unit in operational shake-up
Brown-Forman is splitting its Asia-Pacific unit into two
Brown-Forman is dividing its Asia-Pacific unit into two separate businesses to sharpen its focus on the key region.
Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia (ANZSEA) will be grouped as one region for the group, while the other unit will be known as North Asia (NA). The changes take effect from 1 November, the Kentucky-headquartered company announced yesterday (10 October).
Michael McShane, who has been MD of Brown Forman’s Asia-Pacific region since February 2011, will take the role of MD ANZSEA, based in Sydney. McShane has been the MD for North Asia, and separately, for the Jack Daniel's producer's Australia business.
Trevor Smith, who steps up from his current role of Asia-Pacific finance director, will head up the NA unit, based in Hong Kong.
“The Asia-Pacific region remains key to Brown-Forman’s long-term growth strategy,” said Mark McCallum, the group’s executive VP for Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, travel retail. “These changes are being made to further strengthen our organisational focus and allocation of resources against our strategic priorities in this vast region.”
The latest move follows a plan to consolidate its European management into a central head office in Amsterdam, announced last month.
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research