ASIA-PACIFIC: Brown-Forman splits Asia-Pacific unit in operational shake-up
Brown-Forman is splitting its Asia-Pacific unit into two
Brown-Forman is dividing its Asia-Pacific unit into two separate businesses to sharpen its focus on the key region.
Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia (ANZSEA) will be grouped as one region for the group, while the other unit will be known as North Asia (NA). The changes take effect from 1 November, the Kentucky-headquartered company announced yesterday (10 October).
Michael McShane, who has been MD of Brown Forman’s Asia-Pacific region since February 2011, will take the role of MD ANZSEA, based in Sydney. McShane has been the MD for North Asia, and separately, for the Jack Daniel's producer's Australia business.
Trevor Smith, who steps up from his current role of Asia-Pacific finance director, will head up the NA unit, based in Hong Kong.
“The Asia-Pacific region remains key to Brown-Forman’s long-term growth strategy,” said Mark McCallum, the group’s executive VP for Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, travel retail. “These changes are being made to further strengthen our organisational focus and allocation of resources against our strategic priorities in this vast region.”
The latest move follows a plan to consolidate its European management into a central head office in Amsterdam, announced last month.
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Non-Scotch whiskies in aggregate represent an enormous and growing category, with Irish whiskey in particular showing real momentum. With over 100 data tables and unique insight, this new joint IWSR/j...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets