ASIA-PACIFIC: Brown-Forman splits Asia-Pacific unit in operational shake-up
Brown-Forman is splitting its Asia-Pacific unit into two
Brown-Forman is dividing its Asia-Pacific unit into two separate businesses to sharpen its focus on the key region.
Australia, New Zealand and South-East Asia (ANZSEA) will be grouped as one region for the group, while the other unit will be known as North Asia (NA). The changes take effect from 1 November, the Kentucky-headquartered company announced yesterday (10 October).
Michael McShane, who has been MD of Brown Forman’s Asia-Pacific region since February 2011, will take the role of MD ANZSEA, based in Sydney. McShane has been the MD for North Asia, and separately, for the Jack Daniel's producer's Australia business.
Trevor Smith, who steps up from his current role of Asia-Pacific finance director, will head up the NA unit, based in Hong Kong.
“The Asia-Pacific region remains key to Brown-Forman’s long-term growth strategy,” said Mark McCallum, the group’s executive VP for Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific, travel retail. “These changes are being made to further strengthen our organisational focus and allocation of resources against our strategic priorities in this vast region.”
The latest move follows a plan to consolidate its European management into a central head office in Amsterdam, announced last month.
Brown-Forman Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future