US: Brown-Forman sets Herradura closing date
A closing date for Brown-Forman's acquisition of Tequila group Casa Herradura has been set.
Brown-Forman said yesterday (21 December) that it has agreed with Herradura's owners, Pablo Romo de la Peña and Jose Guillermo Romo de la Peña, that the US$876m deal will close on 11 January.
"Originally it was anticipated the closing would occur by the end of December, but due to the high quantity of work and the seasonal holidays, the parties agreed to set the closing date for 11 January," Brown-Forman said. All other terms of the transaction remain the same.
Brown-Forman announced in late August that it had won the race for the Tequila company, Among Herradura's brands are its namesake Tequila and El Jimador.
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Double digit growth of the company's leading spirits brands helped Brown-Forman Corporation report record earnings for its full year....
Anheuser-Busch has added to its spirits portfolio in the US, with a vodka distribution deal in the north-east of the country....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed plans to distribute Margaritaville Tequila in the US state of Massachusetts....
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up a distribution agreement in Poland....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has acquired the Mohawk domestic distilled spirits portfolio in the US....
Brown-Forman has confirmed details of its next quarterly dividend....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands (BBFB) is launching the premium Tequila brand Cazadores in the UK on-trade this month....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends