S AFRICA: Brown-Forman secures wine deal
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine. The company has agreed to distribute Distell's Durbanville Hills brand in the UK through its Brown-Forman Wines Europe wing.
Three wines will be included in the initial range - a Sauvignon blanc, a Merlot and a Shiraz - with prices ranging between GBP6.49 and GBP6.99 a bottle.
It is also the second Distell brand to be distributed by Brown Forman, the first being Amarula Cream, which it has been distributing in the US since 2001.
Brown-Forman Wines Europe recorded sales of over 1m cases in the UK last year and distributes the corporation's own brands, Fetzer Vineyards from California and Bolla from Italy.
After extensive market research the Durbanville Hills brand has received a packaging makeover and launched into both the on- and off-trade in the UK.
Standard & Poor's has taken a closer look at Brown-Forman and removed its ratings from CreditWatch with negative implications....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020