US: Brown-Forman plans new cooperage to cope with Jack Daniel's demand
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey was launched in the US last spring and the UK last month
Brown-Forman is planning to double its whiskey barrel-making capacity by opening a new facility in Alabama.
The company said that construction of its second cooperage, which will be in use by May 2014, will be to meet "growing worldwide demand" for its flagship brand Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey. The new facility will eventually employ around 200 workers, the company said yesterday (14 June).
“Making a quality barrel is essential to making a quality whiskey, and this facility will help ensure we hold true to Mr. Jack Daniel's guiding words that 'every day we make it, we'll make it the best we can'," said Jeff Arnett, Jack Daniel's master distiller.
Jill Jones, Brown-Forman's executive VP & chief production officer, added: “With the continued long-term growth of the Jack Daniel's family of brands, including the recent introduction and unprecedented success of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, we are expanding to meet anticipated growing production demand."
Brown-Forman's other cooperage is in Louisiville, Kentucky.
Brown-Forman has released details of a US$750m note issuance to fund its recently-announced special dividend payment....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets