US/AUS: Brown-Forman names Australia, NZ managing director
Brown-Forman has confirmed a replacement for its recently-promoted managing director for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
The US-based company said earlier this week that Marshall Farrer will assume the position at the beginning of next year. Farrer replaces Michael McShane, who was appointed managing director for North Asia in October.
Farrer most recently served as Brown-Forman's vice president & director, Latin America and Caribbean. He joined the firm in 1998 as market manager for Fetzer Wines in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has since served in a variety of positions, becoming vice president & director for Latin America and Caribbean in 2006.
He will relocate to Sydney with his family early in the year.
Yesterday (8 December), Brown-Forman reported a 5% drop in half-year net sales but a 16% rise in profits due to cost savings.
Brown-Forman has lined up a packaging revamp for its Southern Comfort spirits brand....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages