US/AUS: Brown-Forman names Australia, NZ managing director
Brown-Forman has confirmed a replacement for its recently-promoted managing director for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
The US-based company said earlier this week that Marshall Farrer will assume the position at the beginning of next year. Farrer replaces Michael McShane, who was appointed managing director for North Asia in October.
Farrer most recently served as Brown-Forman's vice president & director, Latin America and Caribbean. He joined the firm in 1998 as market manager for Fetzer Wines in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has since served in a variety of positions, becoming vice president & director for Latin America and Caribbean in 2006.
He will relocate to Sydney with his family early in the year.
Yesterday (8 December), Brown-Forman reported a 5% drop in half-year net sales but a 16% rise in profits due to cost savings.
Brown-Forman has lined up a packaging revamp for its Southern Comfort spirits brand....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends