US: Brown-Forman, Miller to Sell Jack Daniel#;s RTD
Brown-Forman is joining the fast-growing US ready-to-drink (RTD) market by teaming up with Miller Brewing Company to introduce a Jack Daniel#;s flavored malt beverage.
The product, which hasn#;t been named yet, will be brewed and distributed by Miller and arrive on store shelves by summer, Brown-Forman said.
The RTD is aimed at 21- to 30-year-olds, although details about the upcoming marketing campaign aren#;t yet available, Miller spokeswoman Molly Reilly said.
Figures on how much each company will invest in the RTD were also unavailable, but the brand will be supported “at levels competitive with other flavored malt beverages,” Brown-Forman said in a statement.
The announcement comes one day after Miller and Allied Domecq announced they will launch Stolichnaya Citrona and Sauza Diablo nationwide by June. Miller has also paired with Skyy Sprits, the maker of SKYY Vodka, to sell a product called SKYY Blue.
There#;s plenty of room for all of them in the U.S. RTD market, which is now dominated by Diageo#;s Smirnoff Ice, Reilly said.
“We just showed the portfolio to all our distributors who went absolutely crazy over it,” Reilly said.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Samuel Adams Brewery has secured a production deal with Brown-Forman....
A director of Brown-Forman Corp. has sold part of his holding in the company....
Brown-Forman Corporation has elected Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne to the company's board of directors....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015