US: Brown-Forman launches Southern Comfort pre-mixed cocktails
Southern Comfort Hurricane Cocktail and Southern Comfort Sweet Tea Cocktail will be on retail shelves nationally in mid-June, Brown-Forman said this week.
"We are launching these ready-to-serve cocktails to answer the demand for pre-mixed solutions as consumers spend more time entertaining at home," said Campbell Brown, vice president, director Southern Comfort Americas. "All people have to do is grab a glass of ice, pour and enjoy."
The group has already enjoyed success with its Southern Comfort and Lime concept in the on-trade.
Brown said: "Sweet tea's growing popularity nationally and lighter taste profile makes for a smooth, refreshing Southern Comfort cocktail, while the New Orleans roots and Mardi Gras beginnings of the Hurricane make for a natural fit for the brand."
The Southern Comfort Ready-To-Serve Cocktails are only available in the US in a 1.75-litre size with a suggested retail price of $19.99.
Brown-Forman yesterday reported full-year net sales and profits down 3% and 1% respectively.
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard's decision to leav...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A member of the Brown family has confirmed her intention to sell a portion of her stock in the company....
Brown-Forman, owner of Jack Daniel whiskey, has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.30 per share on its Class A and Class B common stock....
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking, the industry-led self-regulation organisation based in Brussels, has named Guillaume de Guitaut, global public affairs director at Moët-Hennessy, as its ne...
Brown-Forman's Woodford Reserve Master's Collection...
Brown-Forman has launched a number of interactive online platforms for its El Jimador Tequila brand....
Bacardi Brown-Forman has launched what it claims is its biggest marketing campaign for Southern Comfort in the UK in the run up to Christmas....
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Travel Retail model "not sustainable" - Pernod CEO
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts