US: Brown-Forman launches online forum
Brown-Forman today (18 August) launched an online 'issues' forum as part of its corporate responsibility initiative.
The 'our thinking about drinking' (http://www.ourthinkingaboutdrinking.com) forum is an online resource where visitors can find research and learn about "important alcohol-related issues", the company said.
Jim Bareuther, executive vice president global business development, said the forum is the next step in the company's leadership in "responsibility-focused efforts".
"Deciding to be transparent about the company's positions requires us to seek balanced information, feedback, and insights on an ongoing basis - a practice that we hope will help inform our employees, business partners, and other stakeholders.
"It is an opportunity for us - and for all interested parties - to contribute to the ongoing dialogue and discussion about the role of alcohol in society and how to curtail abuse and promote responsible consumption."
The forum covers five categories: Youth & Alcohol, Drinking & Driving, Alcohol & Health, Overconsumption and Marketing & Access, and invites experts to share their insights, research, and opinions on the topics.
Last week, Brown-Forman launched Jack Daniel's & Cola in a can. The 330ml cans have an abv of 6% (equivalent to a 50ml serve of Jack Daniel's) and are available to retailers in trays of 12 single cans and four packs.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends