US: Brown-Forman, Herradura closing date slips
Brown-Forman has put back the closing date for its purchase of Tequila producer Casa Herradura by a week.
The US wine and spirits group has said that the original closing date, set last month for yesterday (11 January), will move to next Thursday (18 January). No further details about the extension were given.
Brown-Forman announced in late August that it had won the race for the Tequila company, The purchase of all of Herradura's related assets costthe company US$876m.
Among Herradura's brands are its namesake Tequila and El Jimador.
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Double digit growth of the company's leading spirits brands helped Brown-Forman Corporation report record earnings for its full year....
Brown-Forman has unveiled a flavour extension for its Finlandia Vodka brand in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch has added to its spirits portfolio in the US, with a vodka distribution deal in the north-east of the country....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed plans to distribute Margaritaville Tequila in the US state of Massachusetts....
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up a distribution agreement in Poland....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has acquired the Mohawk domestic distilled spirits portfolio in the US....
Brown-Forman has confirmed details of its next quarterly dividend....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends