GLOBAL: Brown-Forman gives Southern Comfort new look
Brown-Forman has lined up a packaging revamp for its Southern Comfort spirits brand.
The US-based company confirmed late last week that it will roll out the packaging update globally from May, with the labelling taking skews from Southern Comfort's New Orleans origins.
The main shield label in the centre of the bottle will feature a 'Fleur de Lis', the symbol of New Orleans and reference to the city’s French heritage, while filigree illustrations reminiscent of the wrought iron balconies found in the French Quarter of New Orleans appear within the Southern Comfort logo
Imagery related to the city features underneath the logo.
A smaller label towards the bottom of the bottle includes the quote “None Genuine But Mine”, which was originally written on all Southern Comfort bottle labels by the brand's creator, bartender M.W. Heron.
“We are delighted with the new packaging and the way it brings our heritage to life,” said Jamie Butler, Southern Comfort's brand manager. “We are immensely proud of our product and the brand’s ... birthplace so wanted to bring this to life on our bottles.”
Brown-Forman has lined up a television advertising push in the US for the lime-flavoured RTD variant of its Southern Comfort brand....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018