UK: Brown-Forman gives Southern Comfort digital push with Baron Jazz
Click through to view Southern Comfort's Baron Jazz
The company, which partners with Bacardi in sales, distribution and marketing in the UK, announced earlier today (20 February) that 'Baron Jazz' has been designed to appeal to “the light-hearted and fun-loving nature” of Southern Comfort’s target market of LDA to 24 years. As host of the brand's UK Facebook page, Baron Jazz will be used to encourage consumers to ‘unplan the night’.
“We’re confident (that) his attitude and fun-loving views will appeal to our target market,” said Ffion Jones, the assistant brand manager for Southern Comfort at Bacardi Brown-Forman. “Southern Comfort’s new digital activity continues our latest initiative and follows on from our ‘Here’s to the Unexpected’ TV advert.”
Baron Jazz will be featured in both on- and off-trade activations in the UK throughout this year.
How do you define a truly international brand? And does it matter. Can it be decided purely on volumes? Patience Gould digs out her atlas as she ponders the issue...
Pernod Ricard boasts the most brands in a list of the top 50 international spirits brands in 2011, but Diageo leads the pack once again with Smirnoff topping the tree....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014