UK: Brown-Forman gives Southern Comfort digital push with Baron Jazz
Click through to view Southern Comfort's Baron Jazz
The company, which partners with Bacardi in sales, distribution and marketing in the UK, announced earlier today (20 February) that 'Baron Jazz' has been designed to appeal to “the light-hearted and fun-loving nature” of Southern Comfort’s target market of LDA to 24 years. As host of the brand's UK Facebook page, Baron Jazz will be used to encourage consumers to ‘unplan the night’.
“We’re confident (that) his attitude and fun-loving views will appeal to our target market,” said Ffion Jones, the assistant brand manager for Southern Comfort at Bacardi Brown-Forman. “Southern Comfort’s new digital activity continues our latest initiative and follows on from our ‘Here’s to the Unexpected’ TV advert.”
Baron Jazz will be featured in both on- and off-trade activations in the UK throughout this year.
How do you define a truly international brand? And does it matter. Can it be decided purely on volumes? Patience Gould digs out her atlas as she ponders the issue...
Pernod Ricard boasts the most brands in a list of the top 50 international spirits brands in 2011, but Diageo leads the pack once again with Smirnoff topping the tree....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned