UK: Brown-Forman gives Southern Comfort digital push with Baron Jazz
Click through to view Southern Comfort's Baron Jazz
The company, which partners with Bacardi in sales, distribution and marketing in the UK, announced earlier today (20 February) that 'Baron Jazz' has been designed to appeal to “the light-hearted and fun-loving nature” of Southern Comfort’s target market of LDA to 24 years. As host of the brand's UK Facebook page, Baron Jazz will be used to encourage consumers to ‘unplan the night’.
“We’re confident (that) his attitude and fun-loving views will appeal to our target market,” said Ffion Jones, the assistant brand manager for Southern Comfort at Bacardi Brown-Forman. “Southern Comfort’s new digital activity continues our latest initiative and follows on from our ‘Here’s to the Unexpected’ TV advert.”
Baron Jazz will be featured in both on- and off-trade activations in the UK throughout this year.
How do you define a truly international brand? And does it matter. Can it be decided purely on volumes? Patience Gould digs out her atlas as she ponders the issue...
Pernod Ricard boasts the most brands in a list of the top 50 international spirits brands in 2011, but Diageo leads the pack once again with Smirnoff topping the tree....
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015