UK: Brown-Forman gives SoCo another Mardi Gras push in UK
The company said yesterday (10 February) that this month will mark the second outing of its Mardi Gras-based campaign for the spirits brand in the country.
In the UK on-trade, more than 4,000 point-of-sale kits have been developed for key accounts, which include branded SoCo Mardi Gras beads and feather masks. Further activity offers on-trade consumers the chance to win branded iPod speakers and inflatable SoCo sofas.
The country's off-trade, meanwhile, will see Southern Comfort offer over 10,000 SoCo Mardi Gras Added Value Packs, available exclusively at supermarket chain Asda. The packs include four sets of Mardi Gras beads along with a cut-out Mardi Gras mask, a 70cl bottle of Southern Comfort and serving suggestions.
In addition to the trade activity, Brown-Forman will also run an above-the-line campaign, valued in the region of GBP1m (US$1.4m).
'SoCo Social Mardi Gras' club nights will run in London, Manchester and Glasgow, with supporting activity including radio promotions on Kiss FM in London, and Galaxy FM in Manchester and Glasgow.
TV advertising will also run nationally throughout February, alongside an online presence for the brand, which will host details of SoCo Mardi Gras parties in various on-trade accounts across the UK.
"We enjoyed major success with SoCo Mardi Gras activity in 2008 with overwhelmingly positive feedback from the trade and 85% of consumers," said Neil Aitken, regional marketing manager for Southern Comfort. "This year, we plan on repeating that success with even more activity, ... while supporting trade and driving footfall into outlet in a challenging trade environment."
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Destocking, the cost of cutting jobs and currency rates have taken their toll on Brown-Forman in its fourth quarter, but the group has held operating margin steady by stringent cost control....
Jack Daniel's whiskey producer Brown-Forman will report its fourth quarter and full-year results this week, in what should provide further insight into the state of the US spirits market....
Foreign investment has brought valuable marketing nous to China's rice wine-based spirits category but, Mark Godfrey writes from Beijing, there has so far been little change in the balance of power in...
Gin producer G&J Greenall has appointed Scott Watson as its marketing director....
Brown-Forman has given its Casa Herradura blue agave Tequila brands a makeover for the US market....
Brown-Forman executive officers and directors will not receive salary increases in the coming year, the company's board of directors has said....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has launched Bacardi Mojito Classic in the UK off-trade in a bid to capitalise on the growth of cocktail consumption at home....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts