UK: Brown-Forman gives SoCo another Mardi Gras push in UK
The company said yesterday (10 February) that this month will mark the second outing of its Mardi Gras-based campaign for the spirits brand in the country.
In the UK on-trade, more than 4,000 point-of-sale kits have been developed for key accounts, which include branded SoCo Mardi Gras beads and feather masks. Further activity offers on-trade consumers the chance to win branded iPod speakers and inflatable SoCo sofas.
The country's off-trade, meanwhile, will see Southern Comfort offer over 10,000 SoCo Mardi Gras Added Value Packs, available exclusively at supermarket chain Asda. The packs include four sets of Mardi Gras beads along with a cut-out Mardi Gras mask, a 70cl bottle of Southern Comfort and serving suggestions.
In addition to the trade activity, Brown-Forman will also run an above-the-line campaign, valued in the region of GBP1m (US$1.4m).
'SoCo Social Mardi Gras' club nights will run in London, Manchester and Glasgow, with supporting activity including radio promotions on Kiss FM in London, and Galaxy FM in Manchester and Glasgow.
TV advertising will also run nationally throughout February, alongside an online presence for the brand, which will host details of SoCo Mardi Gras parties in various on-trade accounts across the UK.
"We enjoyed major success with SoCo Mardi Gras activity in 2008 with overwhelmingly positive feedback from the trade and 85% of consumers," said Neil Aitken, regional marketing manager for Southern Comfort. "This year, we plan on repeating that success with even more activity, ... while supporting trade and driving footfall into outlet in a challenging trade environment."
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Destocking, the cost of cutting jobs and currency rates have taken their toll on Brown-Forman in its fourth quarter, but the group has held operating margin steady by stringent cost control....
Jack Daniel's whiskey producer Brown-Forman will report its fourth quarter and full-year results this week, in what should provide further insight into the state of the US spirits market....
Foreign investment has brought valuable marketing nous to China's rice wine-based spirits category but, Mark Godfrey writes from Beijing, there has so far been little change in the balance of power in...
Gin producer G&J Greenall has appointed Scott Watson as its marketing director....
Brown-Forman has given its Casa Herradura blue agave Tequila brands a makeover for the US market....
Brown-Forman executive officers and directors will not receive salary increases in the coming year, the company's board of directors has said....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has launched Bacardi Mojito Classic in the UK off-trade in a bid to capitalise on the growth of cocktail consumption at home....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages