US: Brown-Forman eyes World Cup with themed El Jimador bottles
The bottles feature the US and Mexican national team badges
Brown-Forman has launched football-themed packaging for its El Jimador Tequila brand in the US ahead of Thursday's opening game of the FIFA World Cup.
The company said on Friday (June 6) a new campaign for the brand will include limited-edition Blanco and Reposado expressions bottled in the colours of the US and Mexican national football teams. El Jimador is the official Tequila sponsor of the US national team and the annual US tour of the Mexican national team.
As well as the new bottles, the "Take Home the Spirit" push will feature social media and in-store promotions and prize giveaways through the location-based social networking website Foursquare. The Foursquare partnership also gives consumers info on where to watch the World Cup in 14 US cities.
The limited-edition packaging follows a redesign of El Jimador's regular bottle, announced in November.
Brown-Forman is among the leading forces in the advancing whiskies category while the iconic Jack Daniel’s brand secures the company an enviable place in the booming bourbon segment. This report exami...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted its Q4 and FY results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region and by brand in the 12 months to the end of April....
Spirits in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
Late yesterday, Brown-Forman announced its entry into the Irish whiskey category through the purchase of Slane Castle Irish Whiskey Ltd...
Spirits in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also con...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends