AUS: Brown-Forman extends Southern Comfort push
Brown-Forman says the ad is its "secret weapon"
The TV spot “Shampoo”, which first launched in the US and UK last month, will air across the country and in cinemas from today (8 July), Brown-Forman said. The new ad continues the brand's “Whatever's Comfortable” push, which has helped the portfolio post growth for the first time in five years in the US.
Global sales of Southern Comfort fell 4% in the group's most recent full-year.
However, in an exclusive interview with just-drinks last month, a brand executive described the “Whatever's Comfortable” campaign as a “secret weapon” that will turnaround sales outside of the US.
Global market review of the travel retail drinks sector
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....read more
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018