AUS: Brown-Forman extends Southern Comfort push
Brown-Forman says the ad is its "secret weapon"
The TV spot “Shampoo”, which first launched in the US and UK last month, will air across the country and in cinemas from today (8 July), Brown-Forman said. The new ad continues the brand's “Whatever's Comfortable” push, which has helped the portfolio post growth for the first time in five years in the US.
Global sales of Southern Comfort fell 4% in the group's most recent full-year.
However, in an exclusive interview with just-drinks last month, a brand executive described the “Whatever's Comfortable” campaign as a “secret weapon” that will turnaround sales outside of the US.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads