AUS: Brown-Forman extends Southern Comfort push
Brown-Forman says the ad is its "secret weapon"
The TV spot “Shampoo”, which first launched in the US and UK last month, will air across the country and in cinemas from today (8 July), Brown-Forman said. The new ad continues the brand's “Whatever's Comfortable” push, which has helped the portfolio post growth for the first time in five years in the US.
Global sales of Southern Comfort fell 4% in the group's most recent full-year.
However, in an exclusive interview with just-drinks last month, a brand executive described the “Whatever's Comfortable” campaign as a “secret weapon” that will turnaround sales outside of the US.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights