AUS: Brown-Forman extends Southern Comfort push
Brown-Forman says the ad is its "secret weapon"
The TV spot “Shampoo”, which first launched in the US and UK last month, will air across the country and in cinemas from today (8 July), Brown-Forman said. The new ad continues the brand's “Whatever's Comfortable” push, which has helped the portfolio post growth for the first time in five years in the US.
Global sales of Southern Comfort fell 4% in the group's most recent full-year.
However, in an exclusive interview with just-drinks last month, a brand executive described the “Whatever's Comfortable” campaign as a “secret weapon” that will turnaround sales outside of the US.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2013....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts