US: Brown-Forman extends el Jimador Tequila line
Brown-Forman is rolling out a 100% blue agave addition to its el Jimador Tequila line in the US.
The company said today (27 January) that it is also revamping the brand's packaging, accompanied by a nationwide marketing campaign.
The new packaging includes a taller, more angular bottle, yet it retains the Jimador icon, Brown-Forman said.
"Consumers seeking refreshment and authenticity will be pleased with our high-quality 100% agave tequila," said Jesus Ostos, US brand manager for el Jimador. "The price for el Jimador will also remain the same so that consumers can continue to enjoy premium Tequila at an accessible price."
The '100% Agave, 100% Real' marketing campaign is designed to bring the "authenticity" of the brand to life with the use of a Mexican wood carving created by artist Claudio Limon, from Guadalajara, Mexico where el Jimador is made.
The bilingual campaign will include television, print, out-of-home, POS and interactive.
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Destocking, the cost of cutting jobs and currency rates have taken their toll on Brown-Forman in its fourth quarter, but the group has held operating margin steady by stringent cost control....
Jack Daniel's whiskey producer Brown-Forman will report its fourth quarter and full-year results this week, in what should provide further insight into the state of the US spirits market....
Brown-Forman executive officers and directors will not receive salary increases in the coming year, the company's board of directors has said....
Fortune Brands has reported a 58% drop in net profits for the first six months of 2009, but reaffirmed full-year guidance following a solid performance from subsidiary Beam Global Spirits & Wine....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has launched Bacardi Mojito Classic in the UK off-trade in a bid to capitalise on the growth of cocktail consumption at home....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has launched a new Southern Comfort cocktail to the UK market for the summer....
Diageo is not looking to acquire Britvic, despite recent press reports, just-drinks understands....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends