US: Brown-Forman extends Appleton rum line
Brown-Forman will launch Appleton White Jamaica Rum nation-wide in May, adding to the four Appleton rums it already imports. The rum, which will retail at US$12.99 per 750ml, is aged in oak for up to two years and charcoal filtered to remove any colour.
"In the US, white rum is currently the largest single segment within the rum category, at approximately 8 million cases," said Chuck Shive, Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum brand manager for Brown-Forman Spirits Americas. "Now those consumers will have a high quality, aged, white rum available to them, further strengthening the segment."
Brown-Forman's first national advertising campaign for Appleton Estate V/X Jamaican Rum will break this month. The US$2m print ad campaign targets 25- to 39-year-olds with household income of more than US$50,000 and will appear in magazines including Maxim, Sports Illustrated, Fast Company and Time.
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Brown-Forman Corporation has elected Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne to the company's board of directors....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends