US: Brown-Forman elects director
Brown-Forman chose Byrnes for his consumer product know-how
Jack Daniel's whiskey distiller Brown-Forman has elected Bruce Byrnes to its board of directors.
Byrnes' election, effective from yesterday (23 September), brings the the number of directors on Brown-Forman's board to 12.
Byrnes was put up for election due to his experience in leading consumer products companies, the Southern Comfort and Finlandia vodka owner said. He is a former director and executive of the Procter & Gamble Company, where he served in a variety of high-level positions during a career that spanned 38 years. He retired in 2008.
He currently serves on the boards of directors of the Boston Scientific Corporation, Cincinnati Bell Inc and Diebold Inc.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends