US: Brown-Forman elects director
Brown-Forman chose Byrnes for his consumer product know-how
Jack Daniel's whiskey distiller Brown-Forman has elected Bruce Byrnes to its board of directors.
Byrnes' election, effective from yesterday (23 September), brings the the number of directors on Brown-Forman's board to 12.
Byrnes was put up for election due to his experience in leading consumer products companies, the Southern Comfort and Finlandia vodka owner said. He is a former director and executive of the Procter & Gamble Company, where he served in a variety of high-level positions during a career that spanned 38 years. He retired in 2008.
He currently serves on the boards of directors of the Boston Scientific Corporation, Cincinnati Bell Inc and Diebold Inc.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits