US: Brown-Forman elects board member
Brown-Forman has elected John Cook to the company's board of directors.
Cook is a director emeritus of McKinsey & Company, the world's leading management consulting firm.
His 25-year career with McKinsey has been focussed on the consumer goods industries, Brown-Forman said.
Cook began his career at Procter & Gamble Company and then served a 17-year stint at McKinsey & Co before joining The Kellogg Company in 1999, where held the positions of executive vice president and president of Kellogg North America. He rejoined McKinsey & Co in 2001.
Brown-Forman presiding board chairman Geo Garvin Brown IV said: "John Cook has excellent credentials in the consumer goods sector, as well as a wonderful track record of strategic counsel."
Brown-Forman also announced that Barry Bramley, a director since 1996, is retiring from the board effective 28 September, upon reaching the customary retirement age of 71.
Brown commented: "Barry has served our company in a variety of ways with great distinction over the last 12 years and we thank him for his many contributions, including his important service as Chairman of one of our subsidiary Boards and his sage counsel during the company's formative international growth phase."
The election of Cook and retirement of Bramley leaves Brown-Forman's Board with 13 directors.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
The Charmer Sunbelt Group (CSG) has taken on the distribution of Bacardi USA and Brown-Forman's brands in a handful of states in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A consumer shift to lower-price Bourbon has begun to eat into Brown-Forman's flagship Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort brands, but several analysts believe the US drinks group remains in decent shap...
Two UK drinks containing vodka are being forced to re-brand following a complaint under the Portman Group's code of practice....
Brown-Forman has posted a slight lift in net profit for the first nine months of its fiscal year, despite slowing sales in its third quarter....
Brown-Forman said today that Mark McCallum has been named to succeed James L. Bareuther as the company's executive vice president and chief operating officer, from 1 May....
Brown-Forman has lined up a repeat promotional push for its Southern Comfort spirits brand in the UK this month....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview