UK: Brown-Forman confirms UK Tequila distribution
Brown-Forman has appointed Coe Vintners to be the exclusive distributor for its Tequila Herradura and el Jimador Tequila brands in the UK.
The company said today (28 August) that, from October, Herradura Silver, Herradura Reposado, Herradura Añejo, el Jimador Blanco, and el Jimador Reposado will be available in the country. The company added that a limited stock of the extra aged Herradura Seleccion Suprema will also be available on application.
Brown-Forman managing director for Western Europe David Dearie said: "We are very pleased to have reached a distribution agreement with Coe Vintners. They are the perfect distribution partner to help build the Tequila Herradura and el Jimador tequila brands in the UK market."
Coe Vintners will also appoint UK brand ambassadors, whose responsibility will focus on informing the trade and consumers about the tequila category, said the company.
Coe Vintners business development manager Nick Gillett added: "We understand Brown-Forman's brand-building philosophy and look forward to making these fine brands available throughout the UK. Their addition to our portfolio underlines our policy of representing products that are regarded as being among the best in category by the most important judges - the bartenders."
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi, Brown-Forman and Rémy Cointreau are expanding their distribution alliance in the US to include California and Texas....
Mexican company Autentica Tequilera has lined up its flagship super-premium Tequila brand for the US market....
Diageo has unveiled the 13th edition of its Jose Cuervo International Reserva de la Familia vintage Tequila in the US....
The Pink Spirits Co. has announced plans to launch its Pink vodka brand into the Israeli market....
Vodka continued its surge in the US market in 2007, and distilled spirit sales overall in the country grew for the eighth straight year, up 5.6% in value and 2.4% in volume, according to figures relea...
Brown-Forman has declared its regular quarterly cash dividend....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018