US: Brown-Forman CMO steps down in exec shake-up
Brown-Forman has confirmed a raft of executive appointments that will see its current chief marketing officer leave the company.
In a filing released late last week, the company said that it is “reshaping” the chief marketing officer role, which had been held by John Sirchio. The position is being replaced by a chief brands officer role, which will be filled by Lawson Whiting from 1 January.
Subsequently, Sirchio “will be departing from the company”, Brown-Forman said. He joined the company from Proctor & Gamble in November 2009.
Whiting, 44, is the current senior VP of Brown-Forman International, which he assumed in March. He has also been director for Western Europe since May 2011. He originally became a VP of the company in 2005.
Other changes include:
- Mark McCallum, the current executive VP and chief operating officer, will assume the new position of executive VP, president for Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific and Travel Retail,
- Jill Jones, who has been the company’s executive VP & chief production officer, will be promoted to the position of executive VP, president for North America and Latin America; and
- Jane Morreau, who is Brown-Forman's principal accounting officer in her capacity as senior VP, director of finance, accounting and technology, will assume the position of senior VP, chief production officer.
All the changes will take effect from 1 January.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
In the second part of this analysis of the European Union's review of its strategy to combat alcohol harm across the region, EurActiv details the issues that have to be considered....
Brown-Forman has unveiled the first TV campaign for its Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey since the brand was launched in 1988....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends