MEXICO: Brown-Forman chosen to distribute Appleton Estate in Mexico for J Wray & Nephew
Brown-Forman started distributing Appleton Estate in Mexico at the beginning of this month
J Wray & Nephew has switched distribution of its Appleton Estate rum brands in Mexico to Brown-Forman.
The Jamaican company confirmed yesterday (11 July) that, following the conclusion of its partnership with Casa Cuervo in the country, Brown-Forman became the exclusive distributor of the Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum and Appleton Jamaica Rum brands in Mexico as of 1 July. Casa Cuervo, which also produces the Cuervo Tequila brand, had handled the distribution of the Appleton brands in the country for around 20 years.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Wray & Nephew said: “With the agreement between J Wray & Nephew and Casa Cuervo reaching its maturity, both parties reached a positive position that allowed both J Wray & Nephew and Casa Cuervo to pursue their separate needs.”
Brown-Forman's general director, Randy McCann, added: “For us, it is very important to have Appleton Jamaica Rum in our portfolio. We feel that it is an excellent fit in our portfolio, adding another dimension to our spirits presence in the Mexican market.”
Appleton sells four expressions in the Mexico market; Appleton Estate V/X Jamaica Rum, Appleton Estate Extra 12 Year Old Jamaica Rum, which was launched last year, Appleton Special Jamaica Rum and Appleton White Jamaica Rum.
Appleton Jamaica Rum is the number one imported rum in Mexico.
The final part of just-drinks' December management briefing, looking back over the past 12 months, reviews what 2011 meant for the global wine industry. Ben Cooper reports....
A new report incorporating the IWSR's spirits rankings and a just-drinks readership survey confirms Johnnie Walker's status as the undisputed global brand leader in the spirits sector but also has som...
Gruppo Campari will follow William Grant & Sons and Marnier-Lapostolle out of the three companies' International Marques distribution venture in the Netherlands, having announced a switch to Brand New...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets