US: Brown-Forman board – the next generation
Brown-Forman has elected three additions to its board of directors.
Sandra Frazier, Martin S. Brown, Jr., and Geo. Garvin Brown IV are all fifth-generation descendants of Brown-Forman founder, George Garvin Brown, who created the company in 1870. Their appointments take effect from 8 May, the company said on Friday (24 March).
The three new directors are the first of the family's fifth generation to join the board. Subsequently, three members of the Brown family's fourth generation will retire - Owsley Brown Frazier, the company's former vice chairman, Geo. Garvin Brown III, and Ina Brown Bond.
"We are truly grateful to each of these directors for the guidance and wisdom they have given Brown-Forman in their years of valuable service and we look forward to continuing to receive their support and advice in less formal ways in the future," said Brown-Forman chairman Owsley Brown II.
"We're delighted that Sandra, Martin, and Garvin will begin service on our board, as they will bring new insights and energy while deepening the relationship between the company and younger generations of the Brown family," Brown added.
The Brown family controls a majority of the voting stock of the company.
Brown-Forman has signed its first Southern Hemisphere wine....
Brown-Forman has announced the next step in its succession plan....
US wine and spirits group, Brown-Forman, has announced a quarterly cash dividend of 24.50 cents per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock, following a board meeting....
Brown-Forman has reported earnings growth of 21% for its fiscal year to 30 April....
The US wines and spirits company, Brown-Forman, has launched its vodka brand, Finlandia, in India. Along with the core brand, three flavoured versions of Finlandia are also to be made available on the...
A bidding war for Allied Domecq looks more likely after Constellation Brands confirmed yesterday that it has approached the Bristol-based spirits company about launching a bid to rival that of Pernod ...
The likelihood of Pernod Ricard remaining the sole bidder for Allied Domecq has reduced over the last two days....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015