CHINA: Brown-Forman appoints former Diageo exec as China MD
Brown-Forman will have a new China MD as of next month
Brown-Forman has appointed a new managing director for its China division.
Terry Yip will take up the role from 8 October, the company announced late yesterday (19 September). John Accardo previously held the post, but left the company in February this year after less than a year in the role. Accardo was Brown-Forman's first MD for China.
Yip, previously Diageo's operations director for China, will be based in Shanghai, at Brown-Forman's China HQ.
“Terry’s diverse China experience in the beverage alcohol sector equips him well to lead our efforts in this important market,” said Michael McShane, MD of Brown-Forman's Asia Pacific region.
The group also announced yesterday that it is moving its Japanese distribution from Suntory to Asahi Group, from 1 January. At the same time, Suntory is taking on distribution for Beam Inc's Jim Beam and Maker's Mark brands in the country.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends