CHINA: Brown-Forman appoints former Diageo exec as China MD
Brown-Forman will have a new China MD as of next month
Brown-Forman has appointed a new managing director for its China division.
Terry Yip will take up the role from 8 October, the company announced late yesterday (19 September). John Accardo previously held the post, but left the company in February this year after less than a year in the role. Accardo was Brown-Forman's first MD for China.
Yip, previously Diageo's operations director for China, will be based in Shanghai, at Brown-Forman's China HQ.
“Terry’s diverse China experience in the beverage alcohol sector equips him well to lead our efforts in this important market,” said Michael McShane, MD of Brown-Forman's Asia Pacific region.
The group also announced yesterday that it is moving its Japanese distribution from Suntory to Asahi Group, from 1 January. At the same time, Suntory is taking on distribution for Beam Inc's Jim Beam and Maker's Mark brands in the country.
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018