US: Brown-Forman appoints Cross to target sales promotions
Brown-Forman has recruited Jason Cross as its sales promotion group manager in the US for its channel and customer marketing division.
Cross joins the company from G2, a division of Grey Global Group in New York, where he worked on insight-based Shopper Marketing programmes for Heineken USA's main on- and off-trade national accounts. Details of who Cross is replacing in the position were not disclosed, despite just-drinks putting a query in to Brown-Forman.
In his new position, Cross will lead the channel and customer sales promotion team in the development of programming and initiatives. He will work with customer marketing managers, brand sales promotion teams and shopper marketing agencies to “develop programming for our key on- and off-premise channel and retail accounts”, the company said.
Earlier today, Brown-Forman posted a slip in net profits in its third quarter, as sales held steady in the period.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review