US: Brown-Forman and Bacardi Form US Partnership
By Anne Brockhoff
Brown-Forman and Bacardi USA, a unit of Bacardi Ltd, have forged a new partnership called the Gemini Alliance to boost their distribution power in the US, the companies said Wednesday.
While the partnership will help the both parties jointly manage relationships with brokers and beverage alcohol boards, building greater distribution muscle in a rapidly consolidating market will be the key to its success, Brown-Forman spokesman Phil Lynch said.
"We want greater strength, greater presence in marketplace, particularly at the distributor level," Lynch said. "We'll be working together to ensure a greater distributor focus" on products including Brown-Forman's Jack Daniel's whiskey and Bacardi rum.
The companies are now conducting a state-by-state review of delivery, marketing and distribution systems to determine where the partnership will first be implemented. Brown-Forman and Bacardi already share distributors in 26 states, Lynch said.
The Gemini Alliance adds to the companies' long-standing relationship, which includes Bacardi's distribution of Brown-Forman products in much of continental Europe.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Alcohol intake amongst young female adults in the UK continues to rise and shows no signs of abating, according to a recent report....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
Brown-Forman Beverages has replaced Bacardi as its spirits distributor in Canada....
Samuel Adams Brewery has secured a production deal with Brown-Forman....
Bacardi USA., Inc. has appointed Sex and the City actress Kim Cattrall as the celebrity spokeswoman for its new FAB, Island Breeze....
A director of Brown-Forman Corp. has sold part of his holding in the company....
Brown-Forman Corporation has elected Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne to the company's board of directors....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends