US: Brown-Forman adds to board, pats own back
Brown-Forman has applauded its staff for helping produce another record year.
Speaking at yesterday's (27 July) annual shareholders meeting, the US drinks company's chairman, Owsley Brown II, said: "Our success this past year is a testament to the strength we've developed for our brands and to the incredible efforts of our employees and many fine business partners around the world."
The company was applauding the results, announced last month, which saw operating income for the year to 30 April surge 17% to US$102.6m. Sales for the period were also up, by 16% to US$594.3m.
"Brown-Forman's long-term perspective, premium brands, and quality people consistently produce results that deliver superior returns to our shareholders," added company CEO Paul Varga at the meeting.
Also at the meeting, three new directors were elected to the board - Sandra Frazier, Martin S. Brown, Jr., and Geo. Garvin Brown IV. The three are the first members of the family's fifth generation to join the company's board. They succeed fourth-generation family members who have retired.
The directors also approved a quarterly dividend payment of US$0.28 per share on Class A and Class B Common Stock. Stockholders of record on 7 September will receive the cash dividend on 1 October.
Brown-Forman has confirmed details of its next quarterly dividend....
Brown-Forman has finally completed its purchase of Tequila producer Casa Herradura....
Brown-Forman has put back the closing date for its purchase of Casa Herradura by a week....
A closing date for Brown-Forman's acquisition of Tequila group Casa Herradura has been set....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
Brown-Forman has received a ratings boost from an analyst in the US....
Bacardi has appointed Jeff McDonald as global brand director for its eponymous brand....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research