Product Launch - GLOBAL: Brothers Drinks Co’s Perro Loco
Click through to view an image of the product
Brothers Drinks Co’s Perro Loco
Category - Cider, Tequila-flavoured, 5.5% abv
Available - From 4 November
Location - Available to order by retailers "worldwide". No announcement on confirmed orders
Price - In UK, RRP for off-trade - GBP1.79 (US$2.90) per 33cl bottle; on-trade - GBP3 per 33cl bottle
Distribution - Brothers Drinks Co
Family-owned drinks company Brothers is launching a Tequila-flavoured cider next week.
Perro Loco, which is Spanish for ‘mad dog’, is a 5.5% cider aimed at 18-34 year-olds. It is described as being "cut with lemon and Tequila flavour with added agave nectar 'cactus syrup'".
Brothers suggests the drink should be served with a slice of lime in the neck of the bottle.
“Increasingly consumers are bored with lager, RTDs and even just plain old apple and pear cider,” said Brothers’ consumers marketing marketing manager Cheryl Sheppard. “They are also demanding more than just another fruit flavoured cider.”
Earlier this year, Brothers revamped the packaging for its namesake cider brand, which originally launched five years ago.
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- TWE's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Carlsberg's cost-saving plan "achieving traction"
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Full-year profits soar for Treasury Wine Estates
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages