TAIWAN: Bros & Rudd targets Far East with Glenrothes
Bros & Rudd Spirits has launched two new Scotch whisky 'vintages' for the Far East market.
The Glenrothes Scotch 1988 Vintage is being introduced specifically for the Taiwan market and the Glenrothes 1998 Vintage for the Far East market, the company said today (12 June).
The 1988 Vintage will be distributed in other markets as the 1985 and 1987 Vintages sell out, Bros & Rudd Spirits said.
Ronnie Cox, brands heritage director, said: "With the passing of time, vintages from the 1970s and 1980s are inevitably becoming more and more endangered."
Following an initial launch in Taiwan at TWD$5,500 (US$167), The Glenrothes 1988 Vintage will become available globally in "limited quantities at similarly super-premium price points".
The Glenrothes 1998 Vintage will be distributed in domestic markets such as Taiwan, Singapore and China at NT$1500.
The UK drinks industry will have to take a hit on pricing sooner or later, despite this week's reprieve in Scotland....
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
Views on minimum pricing, off-sales discounts and raising the alcohol sales age to 21, have been called for by the Scottish Health and Sport Committee....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
BrewDog's Tactical Nuclear Penguin...
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has warned that minimum pricing will not address the issue of alcohol harm....
New Scotch whisky rules covering every aspect of the distilling, bottling and labelling have come into force this week. Here we take a look at key provisions of the new law....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts