TAIWAN: Bros & Rudd targets Far East with Glenrothes
Bros & Rudd Spirits has launched two new Scotch whisky 'vintages' for the Far East market.
The Glenrothes Scotch 1988 Vintage is being introduced specifically for the Taiwan market and the Glenrothes 1998 Vintage for the Far East market, the company said today (12 June).
The 1988 Vintage will be distributed in other markets as the 1985 and 1987 Vintages sell out, Bros & Rudd Spirits said.
Ronnie Cox, brands heritage director, said: "With the passing of time, vintages from the 1970s and 1980s are inevitably becoming more and more endangered."
Following an initial launch in Taiwan at TWD$5,500 (US$167), The Glenrothes 1988 Vintage will become available globally in "limited quantities at similarly super-premium price points".
The Glenrothes 1998 Vintage will be distributed in domestic markets such as Taiwan, Singapore and China at NT$1500.
The UK drinks industry will have to take a hit on pricing sooner or later, despite this week's reprieve in Scotland....
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
Recent figures from drinks heavyweights Pernod Ricard and Diageo suggest that premium Scotch whisky sales are suffering in the economic dowturn....
Views on minimum pricing, off-sales discounts and raising the alcohol sales age to 21, have been called for by the Scottish Health and Sport Committee....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
BrewDog's Tactical Nuclear Penguin...
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has warned that minimum pricing will not address the issue of alcohol harm....
New Scotch whisky rules covering every aspect of the distilling, bottling and labelling have come into force this week. Here we take a look at key provisions of the new law....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends