UK: BRL Hardy launches California brand
BRL Hardy is to launch its first Californain wine brand in the UK, Seventh Moon, the product of its hugely successful Pacific Wine Partners joint venture with the US giant Constellation Wines.
The wine will be available at £4.99 in three single varietals, including Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
Brand manager Andrew Nunney said: "We do not believe that there is another Californian wine band available in this country [UK] fo comparable quality at this price. Our philosophy is to offer affordable wines that over deliver on quality and quickly gain a reputation for consistency and value for money. Seventh Moon will therefore be an important building block in the development of the UK's Californian wine market."
The US category in the UK is currently the third fastest growing wine category, with 17% MAT volume growth for November/December 2002, according to AC Nielsen.
Companies: Constellation Brands
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends