AUSTRALIA: BRL Hardy eyes German exapnsion
BRL managing director Stephen Millar said in an interview yesterday that Germany remained the company's "No.1 development market opportunity", but North America and Britain remained its biggest growth markets.
And he added: "I think that what we need to add is a route to market through Germany, now whether that is through establishing your own business, buying a current business, joint venturing with someone," said Millar. "All of those are on the table...we're getting closer."
Last year BRL Hardy was one of three of Australia's largest winemakers to join forces to push Australian wines in the German market, in a combined US$213,000 effort.
BRL Hardy, Southcorp and Orlando Wyndham said they aimed to lift the sales of Australian wine in one of the world's markets largest market but where Australian still only holds less than 1% of consumption.
Millar concluded yesterday by saying that he saw no reason why shareholders would not back his deal with Constellation when they vote on it later this month.
Companies: Constellation Brands
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
A host of drinks companies spent the weekend mulling over whether to launch counter-bids for Allied Domecq, according to press reports over the last few days....
This weekend's press reports have thrown up two other interested parties in the potential Allied Domecq carve-up....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages