FRANCE: Brizard purchase helps Belvédère sales soar
Belvédère has posted a huge leap in sales for last year, thanks to its purchase of Marie Brizard & Roger International.
The French wine and spirits group said yesterday (14 February) that sales for the 12-month period came in at EUR475.2m (US$620.3m), a 223.5% leap compared to EUR146.9m a year earlier.
On an organic basis, excluding acquisitions, sales rose by 8.6% in the year to EUR159.6m.
In volume terms, wine sales were up organically by 27.9% to 2.1m nine-litre cases. Spirits sales slid slightly, however, by 1.1% to 9m cases. Including acquisitions, however, wine sales soared in volume terms by 762.8% to 14.2m cases, as spirits jumped by 37.4% to 12.5m cases.
Prior to being bought by Belvédère in April 2006, the Marie Brizard group was selling more than 15m cases per year. Its spirits division included brands such as Gautier Cognac, Old Lady's gin, and the William Pitters range, which includes William Peel, San Jose Tequila and William Pitterson cocktails. In 2005, its turnover was EUR336m.
Belvédère is part-owned by Caribbean conglomerate CL Financial, whose drinks interests also including Cognac producer Hine and Scotch whisky producer Burn Stewart.
Rémy Martin has unveiled its new offering - Coeur de Cognac - with customary Cognaçais pomp. But for Chris Losh, the company's announcement of the launch says as much about the art of Cognac PR as it ...
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition"....
Belvédère's founders, president and CEO Jacques Rouvroy and Christophe Trylinski, have levered more than EUR300m (US$410.2m) to acquire Caribbean conglomerate CL Financial's 62% stake in the French wi...
Radico Khaitan has posted a slight dip in net profit for its latest quarter....
Cognac production will increase 27% this year, according to figures from the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)....
Spirits imports into China posted dramatic gains in 2006, rising by 36.5% to 3.5m nine-litre cases, according to the latest findings from The IWSR Drinks Record....
Central European Distribution Corporation has acquired a Polish alcoholic drinks distributor....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy lift in first half operating profit....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets