UK: Britvic warns of restructure changes, stays silent over job losses
Britvic is facing a period of transition
Britvic has confirmed it is considering further structural changes to its business, but declined to comment on reports of potential job losses among its UK sales force.
In May, the soft drinks group announced that it is planning to close three factories and merge its UK and Ireland units, with up to 400 jobs cuts expected. UK retail trade magazine The Grocer reported on Saturday (28 September), that the company is also looking at a shake-up of its GB sales force, which could see a headcount reduction of a third.
In a statement to just-drinks today, the company said: “There are a number of other proposed changes that we are considering, but it would not be appropriate to comment on these until our employees have been properly engaged, and we have made our final decisions.”
A company spokeperson later confirmed that the company is moving from three sales units – grocery, impulse and leisure – to 'At Home' and 'Out of Home'.
In July, Britvic promoted Paul Graham to the newly-created role of GB general manager. Graham is reported to be overseeing the changes.
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The company is focused on following three main strategies in 2013 in order to maintain its presence as one of the leading soft drinks manufacturers in the UK. These are innovation, increased distribut...
Bottled Water in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to ...
Barr (AG) Plc is focused on joining forces with Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd to become a joint partner company in what is expected to be the largest European soft drinks company. The formulation of the mer...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research