UK: Britvic to serve Robinsons in Scandinavia
Britvic International is launching its flagship squash brand Robinsons into Denmark and Sweden to capitalise on a market that accounts for 12% of European squash sales.
The global division of Britvic Soft Drinks said Robinsons would be entering the European market for the first time. The company plans to release five flavours of Robinsons High Juice in Scandinavia this month.
The squash - worth GBP185m (US$324m) in the UK - will be backed by a GBP2m marketing campaign in the two markets, spearheaded by a unique Danish TV advert.
Britvic International's marketing manager Jon Evans said yesterday (4 April): "Scandinavia is the most attractive market for Robinsons outside the UK. We've spent significant time understanding that market, its consumers and the positioning of Robinsons within it.
"Our Robinsons High Juice brand was the clear leader in trials and performed better than its Scandinavian competitors. We are looking forward to the success of the brand in an entirely new territory."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk