UK: Britvic to serve Robinsons in Scandinavia
Britvic International is launching its flagship squash brand Robinsons into Denmark and Sweden to capitalise on a market that accounts for 12% of European squash sales.
The global division of Britvic Soft Drinks said Robinsons would be entering the European market for the first time. The company plans to release five flavours of Robinsons High Juice in Scandinavia this month.
The squash - worth GBP185m (US$324m) in the UK - will be backed by a GBP2m marketing campaign in the two markets, spearheaded by a unique Danish TV advert.
Britvic International's marketing manager Jon Evans said yesterday (4 April): "Scandinavia is the most attractive market for Robinsons outside the UK. We've spent significant time understanding that market, its consumers and the positioning of Robinsons within it.
"Our Robinsons High Juice brand was the clear leader in trials and performed better than its Scandinavian competitors. We are looking forward to the success of the brand in an entirely new territory."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends