UK: Britvic to review media business
UK soft drinks company Britvic said today (2 March) that it is reviewing its media planning and buying business for its own brands.
The review, to be handled by Creative Brief, will involve the drinks company's own brand portfolio, which includes Robinsons, Fruit Shoot and Tango. It will involve a "competitive" pitch from current agency Mindshare, which has been invited to repitch for the business.
Mindshare's PepsiCo portfolio is unaffected by the review. Britvic owns the UK licence to PepsiCo drinks.
"We operate in a highly competitive and dynamic marketplace and it's important that we continually review and assess our approach to marketing," a spokesperson for Britvic said.
"We are currently looking at some new areas of focus for our media planning and buying to ensure Britvic's brands are well positioned to take advantage of changes in the media landscape."
The review comes two months after Britvic announced a restructure of its marketing team to create two separate teams for its own brands and the PepsiCo brands.
Last month the company launched Juicy Drench, a soft drink targeted at the adult 'on-the-go' market.
A little over ten years since it divested itself of its major bottling asset, Pepsi Bottling Group, PepsiCo this week sealed a deal that reversed the move - flying in the face of the recent perceived ...
PepsiCo has appointed Tom Greco to the newly created role of executive vice president - sales, North America Beverages (NAB), reporting to PepsiCo Americas Beverages CEO Massimo d'Amore....
PepsiCo bottler PepsiAmericas has invested US$150m in Romania to build what it claims is the largest bottling plant in Europe....
Food and beverage giant PepsiCo is to publish a health audit of its product range in the UK....
Authorities in Beijing have backed away from an official report that labelled PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co as two of the city's worst water polluters, an allegation strongly contested by the soft drinks f...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
In 1996, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co, a leading beverage producer in China, began a joint venture with Danone Group to form five new subsidiaries....
PepsiCo had joined forces with CBS to release a print advertisement featuring video technology for its Pepsi Max brand in the US....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends