UK: Britvic still has "robust" business model - analyst
Britvic still has a "robust" business model, but may take some time to recover from its recent troubles, an analyst has said.
Earlier today (11 July), Britvic warned that the recall of its Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydropacks in the UK, announced last week, could hit its profits by up to GBP25m (US38.9m). The group also expects to deliver full-year results "at the bottom end of market expectations", caused by poor trading conditions, particularly the UK's bad weather.
Subsequently, analysts Nomura said that it is cutting its FY 2012 estimates by 14% due to the announcement.
However, it added: "In the medium term, we still see a robust business model - 4% to 6% revenue growth in GB, comprising 2% to 3% volume growth". But it warned the "robust" model "may take some time to become visible again".
Analysts Panmure Gordon said it has reduced its forecasts by 25% for Britivic's FY and downgraded the stock from "hold" to "sell".
It was a merger everyone knew was coming. So, when AG Barr and Britvic announced the imminent arrival of Barr Britvic Soft Drinks yesterday (15 November), all that was left for analysts and commentato...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review