UK: Britvic splashes out GBP2.4m to promote Drench
Britvic is pouring GBP2.4m (US$4.14m) into a UK marketing drive promoting its water brand Drench.
The marketing effort will feature a poster campaign across major cities in the UK together with sampling and press advertising. It will commence in April with 'Flow Your Own Way', selected as a slogan for a spring water aimed at 16-34 year olds.
Britvic category director Andrew Marsden said: "The water opportunity continues to grow for retailers. Drench is now established as a credible water brand for young urban adults, with more than 1m litres sold since its January launch. Britvic's investment in our campaign will drive sales and build brand awareness."
Britvic estimates that the water sub-category has increased 11% in the last year, and is now worth GBP580m. The Drench range, sold in 500ml and 750ml bottles throughout the UK, joins Pennine Spring and Fruit Shoot H2O in the company's water portfolio.
"Our investment in Drench to reach young adults will ensure retailers who stock and display Drench effectively in-store reap the benefits of improved sales and profits," added Marsden.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research