UK: Britvic splashes out GBP2.4m to promote Drench
Britvic is pouring GBP2.4m (US$4.14m) into a UK marketing drive promoting its water brand Drench.
The marketing effort will feature a poster campaign across major cities in the UK together with sampling and press advertising. It will commence in April with 'Flow Your Own Way', selected as a slogan for a spring water aimed at 16-34 year olds.
Britvic category director Andrew Marsden said: "The water opportunity continues to grow for retailers. Drench is now established as a credible water brand for young urban adults, with more than 1m litres sold since its January launch. Britvic's investment in our campaign will drive sales and build brand awareness."
Britvic estimates that the water sub-category has increased 11% in the last year, and is now worth GBP580m. The Drench range, sold in 500ml and 750ml bottles throughout the UK, joins Pennine Spring and Fruit Shoot H2O in the company's water portfolio.
"Our investment in Drench to reach young adults will ensure retailers who stock and display Drench effectively in-store reap the benefits of improved sales and profits," added Marsden.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research