UK: Britvic silent on private equity move
Britvic has stayed silent on press reports linking private equity firm Permira with a move for the soft drinks company.
In today's (14 May), reports claimed that Permira is mulling making another move on Britvic after having a number of informal approached rebuffed. Late last year, Permira took its holding in the UK-based soft drinks company up to 13.98%.
The report also claims, citing sources close to the situation, that Britvic refused the private equity firm access to its books earlier this year, saying it was performing well and was on track to create long-term value for investors. Permira has also held talk with PepsiCo, which has a bottling contract with Britvic which accounts for almost 50% of its profits, the paper claimed. PepsiCo is still backing Britvic, the report noted.
When contacted by just-drinks a spokesperson would not be drawn on the reports. "Press speculation is press speculation - we will not be commenting on such reports," the spokesperson said.
UK soft drinks group Britvic has unveiled plans for an advertising campaign in the UK for its Pepsi Max brand featuring exclusive music and footage of the US hip hop group Black Eyed Peas....
PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo have completed their purchase of the remaining shares in Ukrainian juice company Sandora....
PepsiCo has realigned its company structure in an effort to "more fully leverage the talents of its senior leaders"....
Unilever has insisted it is "confident" of meeting its full-year financial targets despite restructruring charges hitting quarterly profits....
Starbucks and PepsiCo have entered the Chinese RTD market....
The Purple Beverage Co. has appointed the former Pizza Hut and Pepsi-Cola boss as its new marketing advisor....
Global bottled water consumption has continued to increase, with Asia/Australasia and North America leading the markets, according to a recent report....
PepsiAmericas has posted a lift in operating income for its third quarter, on the back of rising sales....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends