UK: Britvic serves up Pepsi Xtra Cold
Britvic has introduced Pepsi Xtra Cold to the UK on-trade as a way of enabling draught cola to be served "extra cold".
The new offering from Britvic, unveiled yesterday (4 June), is delivered through a patented dispense system, providing a balance of carbonation, syrup mix and temperature to give a "flawless cola experience".
Pubs and bars in the UK will be the first to benefit from the new draught.
Britvic developed Pepsi Xtra Cold in response to consumer research, which found that taste and temperature were the most important aspects to customers buying cola in a pub or bar, the company said.
Paul Linthwaite, director of on-premise at Britvic said: "Soft drinks present a significant profit opportunity for licensees and growth is being driven by premiumisation. We recognise that consumers visiting a pub or bar are looking for an 'added-value' experience from soft drinks versus when they buy a bottle or can to consume at home."
Britvic is hoping that Pepsi Xtra Cold will be a "significant step-change" to help drive further growth of the cola sub-category in the on-premise channel.
Pepsi Xtra Cold is expected to be installed in up to 2,000 pubs and bars by the close of 2008 and then rolled out to outlets across the country starting with Mitchells & Butlers' Toby Carvery and Harvester businesses.
This new innovation comes just months after Britvic and PepsiCo launched Pepsi Raw, a cola made from naturally-sourced ingredients, to the UK on-trade.
Drinks giant PepsiCo has extended its partnership with Britvic in the UK, according to local reports....
Britvic has reported a healthy lift in its full-year operating profit on the back of a similar rise in sales....
Russian juice producer Lebedyanksy may borrow up to RUB10bn (US$364m) from its main stakeholder PepsiCo in a bid to help it finance current operations....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
US food and beverage giant PepsiCo has outlined a US$3bn investment package for its business in Mexico as it looks to build its Sabritas and Gamesa operations south of the border....
Pepsi-Cola has confirmed the departure of its vice president of marketing for non-CSDSs in North America....
PepsiCo has reaffirmed its full-year core EPS guidance for 2008....
PepsiCo has ended a long-term relationship with communications agency BBDO as it looks to reinvigorate Pepsi sales in the US....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research