UK: Britvic says new energy drink Carbon is a first for dark spirit mixers
Britvic Soft Drinks has joined the competitive energy drink market with its launch to the on-trade sector of Carbon.Carbon, say Britvic, is the first energy brand specially formulated to mix with dark as well as white spirits and can also be drunk on its own.The carbonated, dark designer drink has a complex flavour profile and contains three active ingredients: caffeine (300mg), glucose and absinthe (100mg). The herb absinthe is reputed to have psycho-active elements enhancing creativity, mind stimulation and acting as an aphrodisiac."Carbon is a highly differentiated brand which will fuel additional growth in this already high performing sector," said Britvic's head of new product development, Diana Taylor."It reinforces our Right Choice category management strategy, which has identified that providing greater value and choice for consumers is a key opportunity for growth. Our aim is to give adults a range of soft drinks that will genuinely meet their needs and aspirations," she added.Britvic will also run a support programme to raise awareness and drive trial to its target audience. The campaign will include point of purchase material, promotions and a substantial emphasis on sampling. National poster activity commences on 15th November to coincide with the important Christmas peak in the on-trade.Carbon is aimed at those who regularly drink in groups in young people's venues, with a core high spending age group of 22- to 30-year-olds. It has a RSP of £2.20 for a 250ml slimline can.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research