UK: Britvic says new energy drink Carbon is a first for dark spirit mixers
Britvic Soft Drinks has joined the competitive energy drink market with its launch to the on-trade sector of Carbon.Carbon, say Britvic, is the first energy brand specially formulated to mix with dark as well as white spirits and can also be drunk on its own.The carbonated, dark designer drink has a complex flavour profile and contains three active ingredients: caffeine (300mg), glucose and absinthe (100mg). The herb absinthe is reputed to have psycho-active elements enhancing creativity, mind stimulation and acting as an aphrodisiac."Carbon is a highly differentiated brand which will fuel additional growth in this already high performing sector," said Britvic's head of new product development, Diana Taylor."It reinforces our Right Choice category management strategy, which has identified that providing greater value and choice for consumers is a key opportunity for growth. Our aim is to give adults a range of soft drinks that will genuinely meet their needs and aspirations," she added.Britvic will also run a support programme to raise awareness and drive trial to its target audience. The campaign will include point of purchase material, promotions and a substantial emphasis on sampling. National poster activity commences on 15th November to coincide with the important Christmas peak in the on-trade.Carbon is aimed at those who regularly drink in groups in young people's venues, with a core high spending age group of 22- to 30-year-olds. It has a RSP of £2.20 for a 250ml slimline can.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research