UK: Britvic revamps Tango packaging
UK soft drinks company Britvic has revamped the packaging for its Tango brand in a bid to "enhance its personality".
Rolling out from the middle of May, the firm said yesterday (18 May) that the new can design not only includes Tango "exploding, puncturing and mauling" its fruit but also contains "humorous" deadpan tag lines.
Lines include: "We win taste contests. Not beauty contests." and "We take the prettiest, tastiest cherries. Then we mangle them."
Sally Symes, senior brand manager for Tango, said: "The new design is a modern and fresh expression of the Tango brand that will deliver maximum on-shelf impact. After receiving great feedback from research groups we are confident that the new creative will appeal to our target audience and clearly reflect the brands refusal to take itself too seriously."
The design is translated in different ways on each pack format and variant - from 330ml cans to two-litre bottles and six packs.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends