UK: Britvic revamps Tango packaging
UK soft drinks company Britvic has revamped the packaging for its Tango brand in a bid to "enhance its personality".
Rolling out from the middle of May, the firm said yesterday (18 May) that the new can design not only includes Tango "exploding, puncturing and mauling" its fruit but also contains "humorous" deadpan tag lines.
Lines include: "We win taste contests. Not beauty contests." and "We take the prettiest, tastiest cherries. Then we mangle them."
Sally Symes, senior brand manager for Tango, said: "The new design is a modern and fresh expression of the Tango brand that will deliver maximum on-shelf impact. After receiving great feedback from research groups we are confident that the new creative will appeal to our target audience and clearly reflect the brands refusal to take itself too seriously."
The design is translated in different ways on each pack format and variant - from 330ml cans to two-litre bottles and six packs.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research