UK: Britvic revamps OJ, AJ for UK on-trade
Britvic has updated and renamed its pressed and squeezed pure juice offerings in the UK.
The soft drinks company said today (12 October) that the revamp, with the brands now called Britvic OJ and AJ, has been introduced to create a bar-call for the range in the UK on-trade. The new-look bottles, available only in UK pubs and bars, will roll out this month in non-returnable 275ml glass bottles.
"Innovation is key to the continued growth of the soft drinks category and pure-juice is an area of growth that has shown substantial promise over the past 12-months," said Jonathan Gatward, Britvic's brand director of water and adult brands. "The consumer trends towards more premium and healthier drink options offerings will continue to increase the importance of the pure juice category in on-premise.
"We believe the new eye-catching, vibrant and fresh looking packaging will further capitalise on this trend, ultimately driving profits for licensees and giving consumers what they're looking for in a quality juice.
"Additionally, by renaming the range Britvic OJ and AJ we can clearly communicate its pure juice content, simplify the order process and ensure that the brand remains top-of-mind for consumers."
The launch will be supported by POS - including drip mats, tent cards and bar runners - with the tagline: "All you have to do is say OJ/AJ".
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends