UK: Britvic recalls Robinsons Fruit Shoot over cap re-design
Britvic says the recall is a "precautionary measure"
All of Britvic's Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro packs, which feature a new cap design, are being recalled in the UK due to a "packaging safety issue".
The soft drinks firm said today (3 July) that the move is a "precautionary measure". It is understood the affected products feature a supposedly "spill-proof " cap, introduced last month.
Consumers who have bought the affected products are being advised by Britvic to return them to shops for a refund.
In a product recall notice on its website, Britvic said it "apologies for any inconvenience caused". It added that Fruit Shoot My-5 is not being recalled and "no other Robinsons products are affected".
Britivic claims that Robinsons Fruit Shoot "is the number one selling children's FMCG brand" and is worth GBP96m (US$150.5m).
Nobody from Britvic was available for comment.
It is not the first time the brand has caused the company problems. In 2009, a print advert for Fruit Shoot was banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) following a complaint that the ad was "misleading".
It was a merger everyone knew was coming. So, when AG Barr and Britvic announced the imminent arrival of Barr Britvic Soft Drinks yesterday (15 November), all that was left for analysts and commentato...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read analyses on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2012....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly