UK: Britvic launches sixth J20 flavour
UK soft drinks group Britvic has added a sixth flavour to its J20 stable.
The company said today (16 October) that orange and pomegranate J20 will be available for six months as a limited edition in the UK.
Britvic plans to launch the new flavour in simultaneously in the on- and off-trades, a move the company believes demonstrates the brand's success in both channels.
A Britvic spokesman said orange and pomegranate could become a full member of the J20 stable if it performs well over the next six months.
He said: "We introduced apple and raspberry as a limited edition, that had phenomenal success and has gone into the core range. It reinvigorated the category."
J20 has become the top-selling packaged soft drink in the UK on-trade and has provided welcome relief to Britvic amid the company's recent difficulties.
The company has found the going tough since it listed last year. Just two months after flotation, Britvic shocked investors with a profit warning, and the company's share price promptly tumbled 23%.
However, Britvic has seen its performance improve over the last six months with branded revenues during the 20 weeks to 3 September inching up 0.4%.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits