UK: Britvic launches Robinsons Wimbledon promotion
Britvic Soft Drinks is looking to cash in on the popularity of the Wimbledon tennis tournament this summer with a promotion for its squash brand Robinsons.
The 'Winbledon' on-pack promotion, unveiled yesterday (21 May) offers parents the chance to see their children play on the courts at The All England Club.
The promotion, which runs from May across the entire Robinsons squash range apart from Robinsons High Juice, features a 'peel and reveal' mechanic on the front label of promotional packs of Robinsons where consumers find a unique code to text in to enter the daily prize draws.
The prize package includes a day for the family at The All England Club where children will have the opportunity to play on the courts and receive coaching from Lawn Tennis Association coaches. The children will also be given new tennis racquets and trainers while the family will receive a behind-the-scenes tour of Wimbledon and overnight accommodation.
To support the promotion, Britvic is supplying retailers with an activation kit including shelf-ready packaging, banners and display units. An extensive PR programme will support the on-pack promotion.
"We know that mums love Wimbledon and that they want the best for their kids," said Robinsons brands director Jonathan Gatward. "So this year we're offering Robinsons consumers a unique shared family experience at Wimbledon and providing our retail partners with the tools they need to effectively promote their squash offerings during the key summer selling period."
The Robinsons brand has a strong association with Wimbledon which has had enjoyed high visibility during the tournament for many years. "When people think of Wimbledon they think of Robinsons and we've brought Wimbledon into the homes of the British public for more than 70 years," Gatward added. "It's the second longest running sports sponsorship in the world."
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research